Dr. Craig McCready is a general surgeon who specializes in critical care medicine and trauma surgery.
Dr. McCready’s goal is to improve each patient’s quality of life, providing exceptional care with over 2 years of experience. His philosophy of care is that a patient’s best desired outcome is based on the direction and care they are
given. He is dedicated to each patient, providing individualized care plans that aim to accomplish patient goals using the latest in technology and resources.
In addition to his unique training, which encompasses trauma surgery, hernia repair and robotic cholecystectomy, he believes in quality individualized care. By connecting with his patients, he is able to enlighten them about their treatment plans while
empowering them to live healthier and happier lives.
Outside of the office, Dr. McCready enjoys playing tennis, golf, hunting and spending time with his family.
Education & Training
- Fellowship, Division of Trauma and Surgical Critical Care, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
- Residency, Department of Surgery, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
- Doctor of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Amherst College, Amherst, MA
Certifications & Affiliations
- Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery (FLS)
- Fundamentals of Endoscopic Surgery (FES)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Amherst College Phi Beta Kappa
Awards & Honors
- Massive transfusion Protocol App Poster, 2nd Place, Grady Memorial Hospital Research Day, 2017
- American Institute of Chemists Prize winner, 2007
- Robotic General Surgery
- Robotic Assisted Hernia Repairsv
- Robotic Cholecystectomy
Northside Provider Directory Details
View Dr. Craig R. McCready's profile in the Northside Hospital Physician Directory