About Dr. Nicholas R. Yu
Dr. Nicholas Yu is board-certified in general surgery. He specializes in nissen fundoplication, amputations and robotic assisted surgeries.
Dr. Yu’s goal is to improve each patient’s quality of life, providing exceptional care with over 10 years of high quality training. His philosophy of care is to be completely committed to each patient by offering them guidance and support throughout the treatment process.
In addition to his unique training, which encompasses robotic assisted surgical procedures, he believes in quality individualized care. By collaborating with his patients, he is able to enlighten them about their treatment plans while empowering them to live healthier and happier lives.
Outside of the office, Dr. Yu enjoys spending time with son, hiking and yoga.
Education & Training
- Research Fellow, Department of Immunology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY
- Residency, General Surgery, University of Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
- Doctor of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
Certifications & Affiliations
- Diplomat, American Board of Surgery
Awards & Honors
- 2nd prize, University Wide Research Day
- Robotic Assisted Hernia Repairs